Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's My Life...

Today's song once inspired me to name this blog after it.  "It's My Life" has the distinction of being recorded by two bands.  This is not to be confused with the song that Bon Jovi recorded. 

Talk Talk originally released this song in January 1984.  It reached #31 on the Billboard charts in the United States.  The band re-released this song in 1985 and 1990.  It went to #3 on the British charts in 1990.  It made it's biggest impact on the Billboard Dance Charts, where it reached #1.

In 2003 No Doubt released a version of the song on their Greatest Hits Album.  The song was nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal at the 47th Grammy Awards.  No Doubt's cover of the song reached number 10 on the Billboard charts in the United States.  The video version they released featured a Jean Harlow-esque theme.

Both versions of the song are among my favorites.  I am unsure I would know about it at all if it wasn't for No Doubt's choosing to record it instead of INXS's "Don't Change."  Do what I would do, look for it on YouTube and buy it if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment