Saturday, January 29, 2011

What's Left of the Flag...

Flogging Molly.  What a wonderful name for an Irish band.  The song most listeners have heard by this band is "If I Ever Leave This World Alive."  Featured in the movie "P.S. I Love You" it is a feel good tune.  "What's Left of the Flag" is darker and more poignant.

As a lapsed Catholic of Irish (among other things) descent, it saddens me knowing my relatives have fought a war with one another for centuries now.  This Irish - Celtic Punk Band laments the war fought among countrymen in "What's Left of the Flag."  One of my favorite line starts, "And the rosary beads count 'em one two three fell apart as they hit the floor..."

In June 2009 the album "Drunken Lullabies" by Flogging Molly went gold.  The band has a new album scheduled to come out in May 2011.  Check them out when you get the chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment