Friday, March 11, 2011

Bad Connection...

Yaz.  My love of Yazoo aka Yaz began with Erasure.  Discovering that one member of Erasure had been in a band before, intrigued me.  Then I decided to find out more about Yazoo.  Vince Clarke and Alison Moyet created a unique sound in the early 1980s.  Clarke was formally the keyboardist for Depeche Mode.

Alison Moyet's voice blew me away!  I quickly became addicted to their music.  It was number one on my favorites list for a time.  Like all bands, this period of obsession fades a bit for me, but Yaz still remains one of my favorite bands.  It ranks up there with ABBA, DM, the Killers, and No Doubt.

This song is about a phone call.  Trying to call her love on the telephone, Alison is getting frustrated.  It never made a dent on the Billboard charts, but I love it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment