Saturday, March 17, 2012

Johnny played guitar...

"Pop Goes the World" by Men Without Hats.  A feel good song on St. Patrick's Day from the band that may be just as well known for "the Safety Dance."  When they ask "whatever happened to the Duke of Earl" I ponder that same question.

Music has evolved so much since the 1950s.  I wonder if any of the musicians from that particular era are surprised.  Or do they even think about it at all?  Lately I have been very involved in Country Oldies.  It amazes and pleases me that Rock-A-Billy and Doo Wop evolved into Rock N' Roll.  I LOVE MUSIC.
Without it my heart would cease beating in any discernable rhythm.  Thank God for it and its many genres.  :)

1 comment:

  1. There's that new song by Niki Minaj (totally spelled that wrong, but I don't care.), where she says something about her heart going boom, ba doom, ba doom, da boom baby. I told the kids: If her heart was really beating like that, she'd die.

    ReplyDelete